Swift needs to be the lead back

The time is now to give the rookie the rock! He brings more to the table then AP and KJ…

Time to justify the 2nd rd pick!

Had a great game, but against a shit defense. I do think he he’s the future even if he doesn’t have a great game this year. He looks great, good vision, with some speed.

1 Like

I kinda like the three-headed monster look. But have to keep reminding myself, it’s JAX.

3 Likes

Ap looks like a 35 year old running back out of the blocks. Swift is so much more explosive. We gotta give swift some of his share of we are going to get better on offense

What surprised me the most was his power and ability to run between the tackles. I already knew he had speed and ability to catch balls out of the backfield.

1 Like

Yes for Sure . I’m surprised they haven’t ran him more . Hopefully they will now

1 Like

And here’s the thing teams are going to have to respect his ability to run between the tackles now before when we put him in teams mostly expected us to either pass or run something to the outside.

I’d like to give him more of a role (have all season) but don’t want to put a bunch of miles on him during a losing season. Need some sort of “pitch count” for him all year

2 Likes

How was the oline in terms of generating holes and space for swift to run thru?

He is a tremendous talent. Can he hold up? That is the question.

Lions should trade KJ if they can get anything for him.

3 Likes

From what I watched, JJ is going to be a beast.

1 Like

Yeah… he’s been really really good.

I was big on Swift predraft and predicted he’d be our lead back by seasons end. The more he plays the more you all are gonna love this kid. He’s the real deal and the best RB we’ve had since Barry.

1 Like

Agreed. bo can get us through this season as well, or better than KJ. I Think kJ is a great dude. Wish he had more talent and better health.

I’m a proponent of drafting another good youngster next offseason, and split that way. MYbe put AP on another season?

The Lions need to keep all the backs healthy. There are still a lot of games that need to be played.

2 Likes

I’m open to trading him if it’s worth it and a deal we can’t pass up

If I couldn’t get at least a 4th than I wouldn’t trade him. I think he would be hard to replace for a 5th or later. I think he provides good depth and is a good player. He just can’t stay healthy.

I wouldn’t hesitate to trade him but I’d want a 4th and I’m not sure we could get one.

1 Like

No trade. You need a stable of RBs in today’s world. There are only so many Henrys and Elliotts out there.

1 Like

Plenty of room on the Swift bandwagon. Hop aboard…

KJ might get you a 7th. Worth more to us than his trade value.