Terry Glenn Jr., son of late former football star, died of drug overdose on Thanksgiving
Terry Glenn Jr., son of the former Cowboys receiver (above), died of an overdose on Thursday. (AP Photo/Donna McWilliam)
Terry Glenn Jr., the son of former Pro Bowl and All-American receiver Terry Glenn, died of an accidental drug overdose on Thursday, as first reported by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
This comes approximately two years and a week after the elder Glenn tragically died in a car accident on his way home from a Dallas Cowboys game.
Glenn Jr. was reportedly found unconscious in a bathroom by his family on Thanksgiving. They were in Columbus, Ohio, where Glenn Sr. starred in college at Ohio State.
As the Star-Telegram’s Clarence E. Hill Jr. noted, Glenn was greatly affected by the loss of his father, particularly around this time of the year. Glenn sent two tweets on Thursday morning remembering his father, who died at 43.
Glenn Sr. worked his way up from a walk-on at Ohio State to become a Biletnikoff Award winner and 1995 and the seventh overall pick in 1996. He eventually won Super Bowl XXXVI with the New England Patriots in 2002 and later played for the Green Bay Packers (2002) and Dallas Cowboys (2003-07).