The closest you came to ditching this pathetic franchise?

I bet Joey Harrington has that poster on his wall

2 Likes

This year and largely because of the fan base. Seriously. Y’all have irritated me to the point that I can no longer wish you well.

LOL

1 Like

Love you too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

The Brian Calhoun thing is the defining moment of the Millen era for me. Thank god there weren’t any Dominos commercials playing in the room, or he would have drafted The Noid.

(No hard feelings, Matt. Get well soon)

3 Likes

I made it through Millen and 0-16 so I figure there’s no way out…

2 Likes

When I came to the realization that the Ford Family will probably own the Lions for the entirety of my football watching life…

2 Likes

I will say this…
I have a high degree of confidence in Patricia and what he’s doing. There is logic, reason, intent and determination behind everything he’s doing. The man is very well prepared and intent on readying the team for situational football, in particular playoff football. I also credit this drafts great success to Patricia’s influence on the selection process. He was out there with Quinn and even BB running players through workouts. Don’t think for 1 minute that he didn’t play a part in the selection of Ragnow, Johnson, Hand and Walker.

So, even with this unwavering support of the HC entering the 2019 season, I’m not going to be able to deal with another season like this one. If they lay another egg (draft and free agency) like the one Quinn laid in 2017… and we end up with an offense incapable of stressing opponent defenses and a defense incapable of forcing opposing QB’s into making mistakes, then I’m checking out. Seriously.

1 Like

For me personally this has been the worst year . Honestly after the Jets game, something happened. I mean the lions pulled me back once we won in Miami but this year it was off. They really broke my heart. If the pistons or wings had been anything to decent I probably would of stopped watching . Even when we went 0-16 I watched every game . This year was the first year I missed a few games. Now since it’s offseason, depending who we bring in, I’m hoping they ignite my love again

2 Likes

I have never thought of watching another team except that they lose maybe. I personally think it’s good to question why and what but I think the Fords want a winner and just have had bad luck with coaches and missed players by GM’s, I also think they have a couple winners in the right now with the Coach and the GM. I know a lot of fans think not but when you take the emotion of this 1st season out of it. You have some very good things going on. Now the Lions add some key free agents and have a great Draft, then they are set for next year. This team is not that far away from being great IMO. Hang on to the players that matter that are up for FA.

Fortunately for me - as a young Detroiter, I took interest in the NFL, right around the time the Steelers began their winning dynasty.

…So while primarily being a Lions Fan, i also learned to follow teams like the Fran Tarkenton Vikes, the Ken Stabler Raiders, the Staubach Cowboys and the Dan Pastorini Oilers.

What it did was prevent me from investing too much emotion into my home team.

I love the Lions; but they are not life and death - for me.
Example: I’m stoked to watch the Seahawks v Cowboys this Saturday (I’m a Russ Wilson Fan).

I’d go crazy if the Lions were the only NFL team I watched.

3 Likes

Yes, you have to be able to enjoy the playoffs even if the Lions don’t get in. Or if they get bounced in the 1st round. There’s a long football drought after that 1st week of February.

1 Like

I’m devastated. Really.

1 Like

Do you uh, need someone to hold you? Because I can. Unless that’s wierd.

It is wierd, isn’t it?

I’ll see myself out now

3 Likes

It is kind of cold up here in Alpena, and the Lions season is over, so there’s nothing to get my blood pressure up.
Yeah, it’s kind of weird, but, what the hell…

4 Likes

Definitely weird.

2 Likes

For me it’s 60% of every Sunday at about 2pm mst

1 Like

0-16 did a number on me, but as others have mentioned, we’ve been to the bottom of that particular bottle. What worse can they really do? We’ve survived endless mediocrity. We’ve survived hope. And we’ve survived the worst season in the history of professional sports.

Interestingly, the Lions have taught me a valuable lesson: there’s more to life than sports. That seems obvious. But as you’re about to chuck a remote through a television, think twice. These are multi-million dollar athletes, who drive cars and live lifestyles we could only imagine. Once you realize you take losing harder than they do, it’s a wrap. Sit back, enjoy the ride, sip the kool-aid occasionally, and try to remember it’s for entertainment purposes.

The other thing the Lions gave me was all of you guys. I mean that sincerely. There’s an entire community of us that wouldn’t otherwise exist if not for these lovable losers.

2 Likes

I went through theYankee and Baltimore years with the Tigers, Then 1968. I went through the Delvechio, Howe, Lindsay years with the Wings and the Browns years with the Lions. I went through the Pistons years at Cobo and then Chuck Daly, Bill Laimbeer, Joe Dumars and Isaiah Thomas and the rest of the Bad Boys. Somewhere along the line, the Tigers, the Red Wings, the Pistons have all delivered. Only the Super Bowl era Lions have not. The only thing I can put that to is two things. The Lions are cursed. Cursed because Bobby Layne laid one on them and cursed because they were purchased the day Kennedy was assassinated. The Ford ownership has been a curse on the franchise and its fans. Its too late for me but not for my children.

Same, buddy. After that, My brother and I decided logically that it was foolish to keep supporting a one sided relationship. We made a rule that we couldnt just hop on the bandwagon of a good team, so I chose the saints (Ditka had just traded the house to pick Ricky Williams), and my poor brother chose the Cleveland Browns lol. Like suckers, we drifted back to the Lions after about 3 games into the season. If only I could’ve found a way to stick with the Saints, but you love who you love. Theres still hope for my kid. I won’t let him be a Lions fan.

At this point in my life, I would just feel dirty even thinking about rooting for another team. Like Nate said, I was rabid in my 20s and 30s but still have passion but a Lions loss is just that another game in the NFL that I watched. And I will continue to watch thousands more NFL games (God willing) and root for the Lions to finally bring one home, but the Lions are entertainment to me. I get over loses pretty much by the time I switch to the RedZone channel after the game is over.