The vaunted Trade Back!

Every year theres talk of moving back and getting more picks but it rarely happens.This year might lean in the Lions favor I could see a team wanting rither of the QBs Lance,Wison of Feilds not sure which one will still be there.They could also find a team that wants to move up for a bigtime WR if Chase is still there I have to believe at this point Smith will be gone his hype train has left the station.A new front office will have some decisions make but I’m hoping for a few extra picks.

3 Likes

Trade-backs are signs of Lions fan’s creative spirit. We see mystery-novel level suggestions each year and I can’t help but laugh every time.

Before we go hog-wild on them this year, let’s just see what kind of success our new GM and/or HC have had in previous stints later in the 1st and into the 2nd and 3rd. For instance; the last thing I’d want to arm a Mayhew or Quinn with are additional 2nd rounders.

4 Likes

Having only five picks, it’s easy to see trading back and gaining more being a priority. And since the Panthers right behind us are an obvious spot for any of the remaining QBs to go, I think there’s a decent chance our spot becomes a hot one. Depends how Lance, Wilson, Fields and Jones do during the pre-draft process.

1 Like

That is a diplomatic way to put it.

I think the reality is that many of the trade back proposals we see every year are to creativity what an asylum inmate’s poop-smeared walls are to art.

2 Likes

Please, dear baby Jesus. Trade-back. In first 2 rounds, some combination of DT, WR, RB, DE, OL?

Band-aid LBs? I’m aware that it’s a hot mess

1 Like

The problem with a trade back from #7 is that there will be an impact player there. You need at least 3 quality starters to make up for an impact player. What trade gives us 3 quality starters?

It works well when you want a player and he is generally regarded as the 3rd best at his position and you have him ranked first.

Stafford.

white men cant jump basketball GIF

2 Likes

Trading a talented franchise QB like Stafford at 32 (with no proven significant option)is what insane people do. In that case 3 starters wouldn’t even come close to replacing him. It is like trading your only parachute before jumping out of a plane for a million dollars.

1 Like

Worked for DB Cooper

1 Like

Only in Weaselworld…

1 Like

1 Like

…and NattyLand. :wink:

NattyLand sounds better, tbh

I hope we choose a GM who doesn’t telegraph how much he dislikes our draft position and proceed from there

EDIT: guess I’m late to the party. Hasn’t been the 1st time today, never mind ever :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well, this is the guy who would do it, if he wanted to. He has traded back with the rams and hit on mid rounds picks. Gonna be interesting.

1 Like

Triple trade-back, bruh!

3 Likes

I think that’s what we got for Kyle Van Noy, the guy who BQ traded up in the 2nd round to get. Then we handed him to the DC who would then become our HC… Who was never able to build a dominant LB corp here. We held on to a former 1st rounder that didn’t fit the scheme. We dropped a 2nd round pick on a guy who fit, but sucks. We spent FA money on a SAM who we cut. Spent big money on his replacement who was the one guy who was decent but is 32 and has a 23.7M cap hit over the next two years. Oh and we spent a 3rd rounder last year on a LB who barely saw the field this year… You can’t make this stuff up…

1 Like

Pretty sure he was a Mayhew pick

Totally correct, sorry about that. Still an ironic shame that BQ traded him for peanuts, then hired the guy who just got done perfectly integrating him into their starting defense. Would have been nice to have spent the Kennard FA money in another starting level direction and had KVN as your SAM. Oh well, reset… Here we go…