Tua would be honored to play for Lions

So much for the other BS rumors!!! This will make some folks upset!!!

Still a hard pass for me at 3

2 Likes

Lots of predraft rumors floating around about this kid.

Miami wants this kid bad. So does their fans but most of the fans don’t want to burn draft picks to get him.

It’s going to be interesting leading into the draft.

1 Like

Tua wants to be drafted at #3 vs later in the draft. His true feelings are known. This is just the agent trying to maximize the most money he can get. Each successive pick in the first round the salary goes down around $3 million per pick.

1 Like

WOW! Is it really that much a disparity between picks? Never realized the gap is so large.

Yeah, that’s not accurate.

#### PICK #### TEAM #### PLAYER #### TOTAL CONTRACT #### SIGNING BONUS
#### 1 #### Cardinals Kyler Murray $35.2 million $23.6 million
#### 2 #### 49ers Nick Bosa $33.6 million $22.4 million
#### 3 #### Jets Quinnen Williams $32.6 million $21.5 million
#### 4 #### Raiders Clelin Ferrell $31.4 million $20.6 million
#### 5 #### Buccaneers Devin White $29.3 million $19.1 million
#### 6 #### Giants Daniel Jones $25.7 million $16.6 million
#### 7 #### Jaguars Josh Allen $22.8 million $14.6 million
#### 8 #### Lions T.J. Hockenson $19.9 million $12.7 million
#### 9 #### Bills Ed Oliver $19.7 million $12.5 million
#### 10 #### Steelers Devin Bush $18.9 million $11.9 million
2 Likes

Yep the guaranteed money per pick is roughly $1.5 per pick over the the first 5 picks , a $3 mill difference though between Lions at #3 and Miami at #5

“Tua Would Be Honored to Play for Lions”

Deciphered this means, Tua would be glad to take the Lions money.

Really , Stafford want to play only for lions as no 1 pick , same logic . Was he looking for money ?Lions were 0-16 and he insisted he wanted to play for lions , he wanted a safe environment .He is not giving any home town discount after milking all lions money these many years . You cut staffords money , you will see his leadership demanding money and trade , till then he will be silent . You guys talking about tua trying to milk money , very silly to me

If you’re Tua’s agent you’re telling the family that loose lips sink ships
If he starts the “i don’t want to go here or there” thing his draft value drops
And so does the $$$
If he clears medically you can be sure Quinn will be saying they love the kid
Duh …
It’s completely foolish for Tua’s people to say anything negative about any team

2 Likes

HThey are a good family and they will never say like that , people are making it up to target tua for some reason that I don’t understand. These kind of statements can from manning for example where all are football experts . I don’t even think tuas parents are football expert to comment like that , even they don’t even know who Patricia is

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I see he is going to the combine so that is good news for all those wanting teams to move up. Not sure how much he will do but that is encouraging considering it is not far away.

His agent has to say that.
I believe his mother.

1 Like

Yep, don’t eliminate the Lions, just in case he is damaged goods.
He’s heard Detroit doesn’t seem to mind paying guys that can’t play.
Smart kid.

More like real rumors about what his family members were saying, then an agent goes, oh shit, damage control mode… He would BE HONORED to… I’m against it, and even if it happens, he won’t pull an Eli and everyone will deny everything. When we don’t take him, there will be sighs of relief from many.

Tua will go #2 OA.

1 Like

I hope you are right!

It would be the greatest job in the NFL

1. You get the best seat in the house to watch Stafford rip it up
  2. You don’t have to risk injury for 4-6 years, as you are a backup
  3. Millions of dollars to basically practice and get really fit
  4. You get to learn from one of the best in the biz for a half a decade, so you are far less likely to flop
  5. It isn’t going to happen anyway. LOL.