We may be down to four finalists for GM?!

2 Likes

They may not be a deadline, but waiting can hurt your ability to to get the coaches you want. Getting stuck with scrapes has proven to hurt coaches chances to succeed.

2 Likes

Five. Holmes, Dodds, Fontenot, Ireland and Paton. Seems like a good list.

6 if we believe the rumor from this morning that Colbert was offered the job and hasn’t responded yet.

1 Like

Is it just me or is a list of 6 unsettling? Not as a commentary on the Lions, just with your own internal prognosticator. I’d much rather say the list is between 3 or 4. You still don’t know who the pick is going to be, but you still have a sense that there are legit “finalists”. Maybe I should have another coffee.

1 Like

Would they really wait until February 8th to interview Fontenot and Ireland simply because one of them MIGHT be the right guy as Wood put it?

Whether Wood likes it or not, there is a deadline to get it done. You can’t wait until the 2nd week of February for a couple of candidates who might be the right fit, or might not. You already had your first interview with them, that should be enough.

I saw that as well. I was just referencing what was in the header of the article.

1 Like

This is great to see. When I saw that they were bringing in Holmes for a 2nd visit my initial kneejerk reaction was that he might be the front runner.

Good to see they are trying to bring in multiple candidates for a 2nd interview.

Thanks for sharing this!

1 Like

So what is everyone’s order of preference? I would say mine is Colbert, Dodds, Paton, Holmes, Ireland, Fontenot

Dodds, Paton, Holmes

I won’t rank the others because I don’t consider Colbert a legit candidate and I really don’t want Ireland or Fontenot.

That’s exactly my order too although I’m tempted to put Dodds at the front of the line. It’s also why I prefer that the Lions don’t wait for the Saints guys to become available. I don’t think they’re worth it.

Yeah, I’d think there would be some front-runners at this point…but targeting one guy hasn’t worked for us either.

1 Like

Bc it’s the lions, yes. But at least they are doing the opposite of last time…the hope is that it isn’t paralysis by analysis.

1 Like

Ah, yes. My default position on, like, everything.

2 Likes