Where is Atticus

What about a guy named REM?

3 Likes

I believe he has moderating permissions here? So there might be some hope.

@REMRebound …?

I have not shuffled off this mortal coil just yet. (Jesus people, I’m turning 45 next month, not 85 ffs).

Just haven’t been around much for a while. I kinda tuned out of the lions halfway through last season and I’m waiting till they give me a reason to start caring again. Hey fingers crossed, never say never!

3 Likes

Good to see you’re still poking around, sir!

I liked reading your posts on the OTT years ago.

1 Like

Back when The OTT wasn’t a cable news segment … those were good days.

2 Likes

Well thanks, I appreciate it. We had some fun years over there for a while.

1 Like

There was a time when people were intellectually honest, even if it wasn’t in line with their conservative or liberal opinions. There was truth and while people didn’t necessarily embrace it they at least acknowledged it, and sadly that has mostly gone away.

3 Likes

Not just here, but everywhere it seems.

3 Likes

It’s all that time spent haunting Meijer parking lots…

1 Like

You think you’re kidding, but I seriously spend 10-40% of my waking hours going back and forth to that store

2 Likes

It could be worse. I’m stuck with Albertson’s over here. Even the walk there feels overpriced.

I wish we would hurry up and build an Aldi’s …

1 Like

ALDI’s rocks. Increasing their organic supply daily and the owner is the brother of the “Trader Joe’s” chain.

2 Likes

Do you have to go to a bunch of different stores, or is one mi casa? I guess you casa? I can’t speak Spanish.

Been there. Well, you’re missed, Jason. Hang out once in a while. I’m not in my fortys anymore.

1 Like

Hey Ron, hope you’re feeling good. Sorry I missed this post, just got busy.

And you too BrokenGlass–I don’t live at Meijer but I might as well. It’s 2 minutes from my house and I get dispatched there at least twice a day…

2 Likes

I know that feeling.

Its to the point where the grocers try guessing what Im making for dinner based on what ingredient I had to come back for.

I have 3 boys and I do 90% of the cooking. I am at King Soopers (owned by Kroger) at least every other day. Sometimes twice a day.

1 Like

My wife can’t find the kitchen with a map. I do the shopping and the cooking. Self employed, I go to the store in the 2-3pm frame and blow thru the aisles while it’s slow. They tell me what I’m having for dinner by what they have on sale. Making blackened Tilapia with a home made mango salsa tonight, I usually make the salsa a day ahead of time. I make extra for pork chops. Have to buy the mango at least a week ahead of time to make sure it’s ripe enough, I do when it’s on sale. Simple burgers and chicken breasts on the grill, steak once a week, I keep my grocery overhead pretty cheap.

1 Like

Yeah, I know that feeling.

The funny thing is – it didn’t start off that way!

1 Like