Who is the Lion You most hated seeing go?

1. Barry, especially given the reasoning and circumstances around it.
  2. Warford. His performance declined because an injury…and after returning to full health, he started crushing it again.
  3. Kevin Jones. I know this won’t be popular, but I felt like he played behind one of the worst offensive lines ever.
  4. OMG, what if Best had stayed healthy?
  5. And Titus Young had kept his head on straight.
  6. Utley - Daaaaaaaaammmmmn it
  7. Suh - Wish his definition of winning was on the field, instead of his bank account.
3 Likes

Barry
Jerry Ball
Louis Delmas
Warford
CJ
Speilman

2 Likes

Glover Quinn
Tate
Diggs
Slay
Van Noy

:smiley:

5 Likes

Barry and Calvin are top two for sure. Loved having Big Baby Shaun Rogers and Big Daddy Wilkinson. Suh had our defense ranked #1. Spielman and Boyd were awesome. Porcher was one of my favs. My man Johnny Morton to. Deadly with Herman Moore.

3 Likes

Bubbles?!?

1 Like

Warford was a huge mistake if there was any chance of resigning him as far as his interest was concerned because we knew that the pay scale for the offensive linemen was gonna go up and we be paying a similar price for an inferior product or continuing to burn draft capital to fill the same spot

1 Like

My optimism

2 Likes

Yup - Much inferior product

LOL - Yup. These cats are some serious optimism-crushers

Loved all of these dudes too

Johnnie Morton is another one, at least for me. Lots of good names here that I hated seeing go…

1 Like

Barry was a level of grief. It took years to get to the remorseful stage grief with him, so he doesn’t top the list. It was a long, confusing slow burn with that situation.

For me it will come down to failed investment. It’s the lost opportunity/investment.
Best, LeShoure, Broyles, Young, Ebron… All high investments. All failed investment. All with enough flags that you later kick yourself for ignoring them. Add to that the absolute desperation we had at those position groups and the need to find some successes in the 2nd. Whew, all together it’s just brutal.

1 Like

Spike and shelion… :cry::heart::pray:

5 Likes

CJ , Tate , Suh , Grew , Barry

1 Like

The knee injury that ended Billy Sims’ career, if it happened today, he’d probably be ready by the start of the next season.

What more he might have done staggers the mind.

I also look back at clips of the Lions playoff victory, and that home playoff loss to the Packers where the Lions led at halftime, and think Erik Kramer was a damn good QB with a lot of moxie. I’m not sure why his tenure didn’t continue on longer here in Detroit.

2 Likes

Javid Best

1 Like

Barry
Spielman
Suh
Lomas
Glover

1 Like

Utley & Andolsek.

These two coupled with Brown & Glover…forget about it!

Still the most Lionzy thing ever

3 Likes

Barry
Spielman
Ray Crockett

I thought Barry would come back every year until about five years went by. Would not accept it.

1 Like

Jeff Hartings

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Hartings

2 Likes