Who the hell is going to play DT on this team?

Asking for a friend. How much FA money is left? I’m guessing they will cut Kennard and free up some cap space there and use Collins/Davis/Tavai/Bryant over there, but I’m seeing a gaping hole in the middle of that defense.

1 Like

They’re drafting Brown. It’s inevitable.

patient s would help I think they likely know what they want to do.

It can’t be done in one day fans would complain they went to fast.

1 Like

But if they trade Slay, then wouldn’t they draft Okudah at #3? Maybe sign a good FA DT and draft one too, maybe on Day 2? I’d be okay with Brown, especially if they could TD and still get him. Then get the best available CB with their next pick.

We need 3 DTs, we’ve lost 4 as it stands. I would love a trade down, sign Reader draft Brown and Gallimore. I think that solidifies things. Hopefully Hand, Bryant, Collins can get pressure off the edge opposite Flowers. However since this is what I’d like, Quinn will find a couple who flopped somewhere else and count on them to turn it around here and draft Simmons, lol

Many many moves to be made its just day one of the cheating days talk early before signing is legal

We need 3, so I’m sure we sign to xfl players and take one in round 5

Quinn has been awful at building a good DL.

1 Like

Or Oline, he’s consistent at least, lol

2 Likes

There are close to ten DTs we could sign still including Reader, Shelton, Butler, Andrew Billingsly and others. No reason to panic.

1 Like

What you do know there are some very good DTs that are FA.
D.J. Reader
Michael Pierce, NT, Ravens. Age: 27
Quinton Jefferson, DT, Seahawks. Age: 27
Timmy Jernigan, DT, Eagles. Age: 27
Andrew Billings, DT, Bengals. Age: 25
Jordan Phillips, DT, Bills. Age: 27
One I want is Vernon Butler

1 Like

Hopefully DJ Reader, he was my #1 FA want

1 Like

Me. They asked me to add on a 100 pounds. But when I went to the store to get Twinkie’s they were all gone. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:corona.

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen Broncos, Bills, Titans are the teams linked to him. I’m with you though, you’d think him being the closest thing to Snacks would be a no brainier, Ravens are Killin it though, Campbell and Brockers

D. J. Reader was a 5th round pick. Why can’t the Lions find guys later in the rounds? :wink:

HOLY shit ! , Hi rw long time since I’ve seen you post, great to see you here and you would be quite refreshing as a daily poster ! :deer:

1 Like

Don’t sell us short, we just sign em in free agency, big V was a 5th Rd pick, see it all works out in the long run😊. Looks like I’ve limited out, hey cub. They won’t let me post anymore today

I don’t see Nicholas Williams on that list.

I don’t see Nicholas Williams on that list.

[/quote]

Nick Williams DT 6’ 4" 308 lbs. 30
Kevin Strong DT 6’ 4" 285 23
Da’Shawn Hand DT 6’ 3" 297 24
Austin Bryant DE 6’ 6" 261 23
John Atkins DT 6’ 3" 320 27
Trey Flowers DE 6’ 2" 265 26
Frank Herron DE 6’ 4" 305 25
Romeo Okwara DE 6’ 4" 263 24
Jonathan Wynn DE 6’ 4" 260 25
Olive Sagapolu DT 6’ 2" 331 23

Flowers and his backup Okwara are DE’s.
Kennard and his backup Bryant are DE/OLB’s.
Inside we have Hand, Williams and Strong as DT/DE.
For the NT/DT position, we have no starter and the only borderline depth player there is Atkins.
I’d like to see a couple bigs added in front of Atkins on the depth chart.