Would you resign Mike Daniels?

Would you resign Mike Daniels for 8 million?

No. I can’t imagine he can stay healthy. Perhaps as a last resort…but if he is all that’s left and willing to come back then we are in trouble.

The Matt Millen Magic 8 Ball Says…Yes!

6 Likes

Not for 8 million. I would for a significantly lower price.

2 Likes

Not unless is was for $15/hour plus incentives. I’d like for him to get paid EXACTLY what he’s worth. No more. no less.

4 Likes

I would offer $4 with only 2 guaranteed if he doesn’t play in at least 12 games. And any days where we were home and he was injured he would have to park cars.

1 Like

There was a Daniels on the team this year?

6 Likes

Not just no; hell no.

2 Likes

How many snaps did he play this season, 10?

1 Like

I wouldn’t resign him for $2 million. Green Bay let him go for a reason. He’s done!
Maybe double the average third stringers salary? Having an experienced 3rd stringer on the roster would be nice insurance against, you know, injuries. But, his ass would be on the bench until a starter goes down.

I wouldn’t waste my time and money on him. Out of shape and can’t stay healthy. I prefer to resign Robinson

2 Likes

Hold off until late February and have the team doctors give him a thorough going over. (A’Shuan)

A’shawn graded out at a 55 per PFF, Daniels grade was 70…FWIW.
A’Shawn will probably cost more.

really–you are giving the farm away–i would pay him with $2.30 in unwraped pennies --he hasn’t contributed jack shit to this team -zilch–nada-nothing—all he did is hang around like a fricken barn spider

1 Like

I would love to sign Mike Daniels in one circumstance.

Prove it deal. Minimum guaranteed veteran salary. Incentives only trigger with vintage Mike Daniels level of performance. He’s a really good human being and I think he knows he virtually stole 8m this year.

6 Likes

So $2 million would be giving away the farm? Hmmm, I think it terms of bigger farms apparently.

2 Likes

Mike Daniels can still play if his feet aren’t toast. They might be toast of course. If not I think he would outplay a 1 year 2m contract. Personally I would rather pay him less guaranteed and more if he earns it. But if the Team Doctors sign off on it I’d do 1yr. 2M. Worth that risk IMO.

No. Out of principal alone, I would not bring him back.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can see that side of it too.