You think we make bad Free Agent signings?!?!

Saints re-sign G/OT Andrus Peat (5 years, $57.5 million; $33 million guaranteed): D Grade
Wow, I can’t believe this contract. This is a horrible signing, but let me begin with the two positives. First, continuity is important for the offensive line, so retaining Andrus Peat allows continuity to happen. Second, Peat is still just 26, so he has time to improve his game.

All of that is fine, but this move deserves to be graded harshly. Peat is the worst starter on the Saints’ offensive line. He’s versatile because he can play both guard and tackle, but he’s been a major liability over the past couple of seasons. To give him this much money is completely asinine. The Saints could find a similarly skilled lineman for a contract around two years for $5 million, just as the Buccaneers just did with Joe Haeg.

Andrus Peat

G #75

2019 SEASON STATS

OFFENSE SNAPS PLAYED

57564th

PENALTIES

3T-41st

SACKS ALLOWED

3T-20th

• Stat rankings versus all other G.

2019 PLAYER GRADES

EDGE

OVERALL

PASS BLOCKING

RUN BLOCKING

1 Like

Good or bad, I’m just glad we made a lot of moves. Gives us a lot to talk about, seeing as how this is our playoff run and Superbowl equivalent. Peat might push Larry Warford out of NO and he could be an option to return here.

Also, bad signings happen on every team, every year. Look at how many guys that got released this year, and every year, that just signed multi-year contracts the prior season as free agents.

Look at all the overpays that the Jets made on the OL or Miami. Even NO seemingly overpaid for THEIR OWN FA. This is just the way it is in the NFL and not just the Lions.

1 Like