YPC after 1st contact

Most yards per carry after first contact (min. 75 carries)

1. Derrick Henry: 2.28
  2. Jacobs: 2.22
  3. Chris Carson: 2.21
  4. Raheem Mostert: 2.17
  5. Leonard Fournette: 2.12
  6. Alexander Mattison: 2.10

Scarbrough: 2.4 - only 53 carries [I’m thinking the Lions should keep this guy]

3 Likes

Scarborough has done a nice job. He’s very limited in what he can do but he’s done a nice job. I’ve seen folks thinking he can be a 1 2 punch with KJ next year, and that’s very wrong. Scarborough has done enough to pencil into compete for a job next year. He runs with authority and keeps it simple. He takes what is there and plays within himself.

TY Johnson on the other hand has shown absolutely nothing and looks exactly like what he is. A 6th round talent who doesn’t belong in the league.

2 Likes

i like what i’ve seen from bo. he reminds me of a 2019 version of joique bell. but will he be any better than that? hard to say at this point

1 Like

Scarbrough needs to prove he can reliably pass-block and catch the ball out of the backfield. We already know he can run with authority. Nothing wrong with having a guy like that complementing the other RBs. Distributing the carries and snaps among your RBs reduces the risk of injury and keeps them fresher going into the last month of the season. I don’t know the KeJo can even play an entire 16 game schedule yet, and I got my doubts. So he needs to prove he can stay healthy and the Lions need to limit his exposure to injury by using the other RBs more. Like Scarbrough and McKissic.

Re TyJo, it looks like the coaches don’t trust him a whole lot yet, but that doesn’t mean he can’t up his game next year. IMHO, it’s too early to draw any conclusions, but then again I don’t see him at practice during the week either. Nevertheless, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to bring in an FA RB with some speed just to give TyJo a little competition.

Frankly, the only way I see them drafting a RB before the 6th round is if an outstanding value is there, or if they are convinced TyJo isn’t going to cut it. I did see him stick his nose in there a time or 2 on pass pro, and he did okay. But he’s really gotta do better and being consistent.